Two days.

24 October


  It's Monday now. I move home on Wednesday. Two days. This past week has been intense and amazing and a little heartbreaking all in one go.


TJ's parents were here from late last week until Tuesday and it was great to spend some quality time with them. Teej and I have been together for years but with living in a different country, seeing each other's family kinda goes out the window at times because we're spending all our time with our own when we visit.

During their visit we went on lots of trips to various places in the area but my favourite was a day trip to the Emma Bridgewater factory. If anywhere is going to make you want to throw away all your hard earned money on crockery, this place is it. It's based in Stoke and I'd highly recommend their experience day. Painting and afternoon tea is included!


Even their lanyards were pretty!

Decorating time

Behind the scenes action

______________________________________


My evenings all through the week have been dedicated to theatre. Tuesday & Wednesday consisted of rehearsals and making sure everything was ready for our show 'Rock of Ages', and Thursday, Friday and Saturday were dedicated to performing our hearts out in front of an audience. This was the best show I've ever been in. The whole experience was amazing from start to finish and the show received some fantastic reviews.

I've spent nearly two years with this drama group and as of last night, my last performance with them was done. Its hard to describe how I feel about leaving them behind. It has been an absolute honour to share a stage with some of the most talented people I've ever come across but it breaks my heart a little that I won't be up there with them for the next show. 


On reflection, I'm lucky. A lot of people don't ever get to share their passion with a group of amazing, likeminded and talented people who inspire them to push themselves.  I'll miss them most of all.


Rock of Ages

______________________________

Now all the excitement is over, I'm suffering major post show blues and am ready for the house to be left behind. There are boxes everywhere you turn, and countless more trips to the dump and the charity shop have been made. We pick up our moving van tomorrow so some of our boxes can be moved out of the house and into it ready for leaving on Wednesday morning.

This move has been a year in the making but it still feels like it has just snuck up on us. 
Come at me Wednesday.


Until next time,


















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images