Settling in

23 November

Hey guys,

 Guess who finally got around to updating this then?! Yup,  I'm a great blogger...
In my defence this past month has been just as mad as the previous one. I last posted on October 24th, I moved back to Northern Ireland on the 26th. That little space of time in between was spent boxing and wrapping everything left in the house to prepare for the move and then packing it all into our hire van.



Before...



& After!

The van took us about an hour and a half to fill, and tested out all of our Tetris skills! Seeing as it was just TJ & I, I think we did pretty well. As you can probably tell from the photo, we were rather pleased with ourselves.

Wednesday the 26th was an epically long day. We were up around 5:30AM then packed the mattress and any last bits and pieces that were strewn around the house and then at 6:45AM we set off to the docks. 
The boat was surprisingly quiet considering we were mid half-term so all the schools were off- not that we were complaining!


Eight hours on the boat brought us into Belfast and we were finally able to disembark at around 7pm (loooong day already)  then we drove the thirty minutes to my gran's house where we offloaded the contents of the van into her garage. After we'd emptied the van, TJ and I parted ways. He took the van over to his parents' house to get settled in and I took our car to my parents' house. Cue sleep.

 After trailing through pages of job adverts I got a call to ask if I could come for a interview the day after I got home and so I agreed and headed down on the 27th to be interviewed. On the saturday I was offered the job. Not bad eh? Three days in the country and I was employed, pretty pleased with myself about that one! After being offered the job on the saturday, I started working on the Monday morning and that's been me busy full time ever since!

Two weeks were spent staying with our respective parents and now TJ and I have moved in with my Gran so we can start to save for a house! Exciting ( & a little terrifying).

The week after Teej and I moved back, my sister and brother-in-law moved house (I'm so sick of seeing boxes)! Though seeing their new place has only spurred me on for wanting a nice house that we can be proud of. I am so sick of student style living. The student lifestyle & I did not mix well.

Tj has been busy renovating his parents' garage ever since we got back. He needed studio space for his film work and this was the perfect place. Three solid weeks of gutting, painting and carpeting later and he finally had a finished studio as of the start of this week. I love that he's got somewhere to go and work so he can split his time between work and home life instead of them meshing into one like when he worked from home.


He was pleased with his new carpet (:

We're finally getting into a routine again now. I'm going to work and so is Teej. I love that now I can just drop in with my parents to say hello as i'm only ten minutes away and my mum & I have a weekly girls night penciled in. I have no doubts that moving back was definitely the right thing for us to do. NI may be smaller and quieter than England, but it's home.

The main thing I'm missing from England now is Theatre and music. I no longer have my weekly singing lessons with Claire or my rehearsals at Encore and its becoming more and more obvious to me that I need that in my life! I auditioned for a local theatre group but two weeks on and I'm still waiting to hear their decision either way, it is killing me a little to wait. Fingers crossed they want me.


So for now it's time for me to relax & enjoy the run up to Christmas, with my family all here with me and this year i get to look forwards to my first birthday in three years spent at home! It's the little things. (:


 Until next time,



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images